Why use Protingent Staffing?
For more than 10 years, Protingent Staffing has been helping technical professionals find rewarding work. We have extremely low internal turnover. You will most likely be working with the same recruiter for years—one who will get to know your individual skills and preferences and will watch for the best job opportunities. We have placed over 1,200 professionals at nearly 300 companies. Our recruiters work exclusively with technology professionals and technology companies. We have technical understanding, expertise and are well connected in the technology field. We pride ourselves on our professionalism—for example, your resume will never be submitted without your permission.
Is there a fee associated with your services?
No. Protingent has a client-fee based business model. That means at no cost to you, we work to place you at a company that matches your skills and experience.
What kinds of companies are your clients?
Our clients include over 300 technology businesses around the nation. These companies are in product development and IT industries such as telecommunications, medical devices, computer equipment, gaming, aerospace, software and consumer products.
What types of positions are available?
Protingent offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct placement/full-time positions.
How long is a typical contract position?
A typical assignment is 6-12 months. Many engineers have their contract extended or have worked for Protingent on more than one assignment. We value our employees!
Can you help me figure out how to take the next step in my career?
Absolutely! Our recruiters work exclusively with technology professionals. They have technical understanding and expertise and understand your needs. Our principals bring deep personal understanding of the business of engineering as well as the culture and nature of the engineer who operates within it. We provide our engineers with career counseling and advice to ensure the best experience for each our employees and valued customers including services such as:
Resume review and critique
Industry trends and news
Target Marketing your resume to specific positions and industries
Career counseling sessions, including career mapping
I have highly specialized skills. Can you help me find a position?
Yes. We have relationships with hiring managers that seek candidates with highly specialized skills. We can get your resume directly into the right hands.
Does Protingent offer benefits?
Yes. Protingent offers health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, PTO plan, pre-tax commuter benefits and supplemental insurance.
What’s the job placement process?
1. Submit your resume.
2. If your skills are a good match for our clients, Protingent will engage you in a conversation where we get to know you better—your strengths, personality, and career goals. This helps us find positions that are a good fit not just for your skills, but for you as a person.
3. We’ll submit your resume when appropriate positions come up (don’t worry; we’ll get your approval before each submission).
4. The hiring manager will select candidates to interview If you’re among them, you will be invited for an interview.
5. We understand the skills and technologies that drive the success of our clients. We’ll use this knowledge to help you prepare for your interview.
6. The hiring manager lets us know which candidates they want to bring on.
7. We make you an offer of employment, including pay, benefits, and other terms. You sign a few documents and you’re on your way to your new job!
Does Protingent continue to support me after I start a job?
Yes. While your job site supervisor is your resource for daily work-related questions, Protingent is your employer. We have a full time Resource Manager that is here to support you when you are out on the job. Our dedicated back office team supports any payroll, HR, benefits and anything else you need. Someone is always here to help.
What do I do when I finish my contract?
Protingent will be aware of your status. We represent hundreds of clients and will work hard to place you on new assignment. Please let us know if there is a change in your availability and remember to update your resume with your recent job experience and any new skills. You can also visit our jobs page to search and apply for current opportunities.